Dr Rajdeep Singh
MS, DNB, MNAMS, FMAS, FCLS
Professor of Surgery
Maulana Azad Medical College
- Schooling from St Edward’s High School, Simla& St John’s High School, Chandigarh.
- Undergraduation (MBBS) from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Simla, Himachal Pradesh University in 1995.
- Postgraduation (MS) from Govt Medical College &Rajindera Hospital, Patiala, Punjabi University in 1999
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in 2000.
- Conferred Fellow of Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) after clearing exam in 2007
- Awarded Fellow, College of Laparoscopic Surgeons (FCLS).
- Postgraduate resident at Govt Medical College &Rajindra Hospital, Patiala, Punjab (1995-1998)
- Senior Residency from Govt Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh (1999-2002)
- CMO (Senior Resident) at Govt Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh (2002-2005)
- Senior Lecturer at Govt Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh (2005-2008)
- Assistant Professor at Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi (2008-2010)
- Associate Professor at Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi (2010 – 2014)
- Professor of Surgery at Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi (2014 to date)
Working as a General Surgeon, with special interest in abdominal and laparoscopic surgery. Have experience in Oesophageal surgery, including cancer oesophagus; Gastric surgery, including cancer stomach; Pancreatic surgery, including cancer and chronic pancreatitis; Small bowel surgery; Colorectal surgery, including laparoscopic resection for cancer; Ano-rectal disorders, including stapled haemorrhoidopexy; Biliary surgery including laparoscopic CBD stone removal; Abdominal wall hernias, including laparoscopic; Kidney and bladder surgery, including cancer and laparoscopic stone removal; Laparoscopic adrenalectomy, Laparoscopic retroperitoneal surgery, Thoracoscopic cervical sympathectomy, hydatid cyst and pleurodesis; Thyroid surgery; Parathyroid surgery; Parotid surgery; Radical Neck Dissection; Varicose veins; Soft tissue tumours; Minimal intervention of pilonidal sinus; Endourology and testicular tumours; Emergency and Trauma surgery, apart from other routine cases.
Postgraduate supervisor in Surgery, recognized by Delhi University since 2010. The following theses have been supervised:
- Single incision vs 4 port laparoscopic cholecystectomy – DrVaishaliSrivastava
- Diagnostic laparoscopy for suspected tuberculosis – DrAnmolChugh
- Transvaginal extraction of gall bladder – is it useful? – DrAnujArora
- Laparoscopic IPOM for ventral hernia using tacks or sutures only – DrSrushtiSheth
- Study of small bowel perforations – DrVikasMeena
- Feasibility of air cavitogram in assessing resolution of liver abscess – DrAnkita Singh (in progress)
- Radio-frequency ablation vssclerotherapy for varicose veins – DrSumitAgrawal (in progress)
Co-supervisor for 8 more theses.
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Life member of the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life member Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- Life member of the Chandigarh Surgical Society
- Life member of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Life member of Society of Endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeons of India (SELSI)
- Fellow of Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS)
- Fellow, College of Laparoscopic Surgeons (FCLS)
Presented papers and lectures at a number of regional and national conferences.
Undergraduate (MBBS and BDS) and Postgraduate examiner.On panel of National Board of examinations.
Nominated Joint Secretary of Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India (2016-17).
- Grover AS, Singh S, Kaur S, Singh R. Asymptomatic adrenal mass – a case report.Surg J N India. 1998; 14 (1-2): 74-75
- Grover AS, Singh S, Kaur S, Singh R.Duplication of transverse colon – a case report.Surg J N India. 1998; 14 (1-2): 63-64
- Bawa AS, Singh R, Bansal VK, Punia RS. Spermatic cord metastasis from prostate cancer. J Postgrad Med 2003; 49: 97-8
- Kaushik R, Singh R, Sharma R, Attri AK, Bawa AS. Corrosive induced gastric outlet obstruction.Yonsei Med J. 2003; 44: 991-4
- Singh R, Kaushik R, Sharma R, Attri AK. Non-biliary mishaps during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Indian J Gastroenterology 2003; 23: 47 - 49
- Bawa AS, Batra R, Singh R. Management of inguinal hernia with benign prostatic hyperplasia: simultaneous inguinal hernioplasty with transurethral resection of prostate. 2003; 35: 503-6
- Singh R, Kaushik R, Attri AK. Traumatic abdominal wall hernia – a case report. Yonsei Med J. 2004; 45: 552-4
- Bawa AS, Sharma DR, Singh R, Singh P. Efficacy and tolerability of sildenafil in Indian males with erectile dysfunction: A double-blind, randomised, placebo controlled, crossover study. Indian J Pharmacol. 2004; 36: 317
- Singh R, Bawa AS. Lipoma of the stomach. Indian J Surg 2004; 66: 177- 79
- Punia, et al. Subcutaneous angiolipomas. Indian J PatholMicrobiol 2005; 48:197-98
- Bhatia S, Kaushik R, Singh R,Sharma R, Attri A, Dalal A, Dalal U, Bansiwal R. Traumatic Diaphragmatic hernia. Ind J Surg 2008; 70:56-61
- D'Cruz S, Singh R, Mohan H, Kaur R, Minz RW, Kapoor V,Sachdev A. Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease with diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis - an unusual association: a case report and review of the literatureJ Med Case Reports 2010, 4:125
- Verma S, Agarwal PN, Bali RS, Singh R, Talwar N. Early versus Delayed Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Acute Cholecystitis: A Prospective Randomized Trial. ISRN Min Inv Surg. Volume 2013, Article ID 486107, 3 pages
- Mitra A, Agarwal PN, Singh R, Dutt K, Kumari M, Meena M. Giant intramural lipoma causing colonic intussusception with multiple jejunal intussusceptions - a case report. TranslGastrointest Cancer 2013;2(1):47-50
- Agarwal S, Bohara S, Thakran A, Arora P, Singh R, Agarwal PN. Pulmonary hydatid disease with coexistent aspergillosis: an incidental finding.Ind J Med Microbiol. 2013;31(1):85-6
- Mitra A, Agarwal PN, Singh R, Verma S, Srivastava V, Chugh A, Jain V. Squamous cell carcinoma of the scrotum - still an occupational hazard. Indian JOccup Environ Med. 2014;18(3):150-2
- Bali RS, Verma S, Agarwal PN, Singh R, Talwar N. Perforation peritonitis and the developing world. ISRN Surg. 2014 Apr 2;2014:105492
- Dutt K, Agarwal PN, Singh R, Tomar VS. Haemophilicpseudotumour: surgical management of a rare case.Ind J Surg. 2015 Feb;77(1):62-4.
- Chugh A, Agarwal PN, Singh R, Mishra A, Jain V, Meena M. Management of PUJ Obstruction. Int J Sciences App Res. 2015;2(2):22-31
- Jain V, Agarwal PN, Singh R, Mishra A, Chugh A, Meena M. Management of Upper Gastrointestinal Bleed. MAMC J Med Sci 2015;1(2):69-79
- Chugh A, Agarwal P, Singh R, Mishra A. Snapshot quiz 15/11 – Rectal prolapse. Br J Surg. 28 Oct 2015. Available at www.bjs.co.uk/view/clinicalLibrary.html?q=&c=&t=bjsurgclinicallibimages