Dr. Sudhir Kumar Jain
MS (Surgery), FRCS (Ed) MBA(HCA)
Department of Surgery
Maulana Azad Medical College
New Delhi - 110002, India
171, Bank Enclave, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi –110092, India
0091-11-22543967, 00919968604381, 00919212732980
- MBBS: Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. 4½ (July 1976 to Dec. 1980)
- MS (Gen Surgery): Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India. 2 years (April 1983 to March 1985)
- FRCS (Edinburgh): Passed the Fellowship examination of Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh in April 2002.
- MBA (Health Care Administration) from Faculty of Management studies Delhi University, New Delhi in March 2014
- Passed Step 1 & Step 2 of USMLE organized by Examination Council for Foreign Medical Graduates USA in 1996. ECFMG Certificate No. 0528 -090-4.
- Passed IELTS exam (Academic module) Band Score 7.5 in April 2003.
- Passed TOFEL Examination in February 2003
Dr. S. K. Jain is Professor in Surgery since 26th June, 2007 till date, at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. Dr S. K. Jain is involved in Clinical work, teaching of medical students & research. He is working in a surgical unit handling mainly doing urological work as well as General Surgery work. He is doing all types of urological and general surgery cases both Laparoscopic & open.
During the last 7 years He has supervised MS thesis of 18 postgraduate students some of the completed theses are given below.
- Evaluation of inline non scalpel vasectomy using thermocautery for occlusion of vas.
- Use of lingual mucosa flap in repair of long segment posterior urethral stricture
- Comparison of Retroperitoneoscopic versus open ureterolithotomy in upper and mid ureter stones
- Comparison of Cold knife versus Holmium laser in performing optical internal urethrotomy
- Role of Tamsulosin hydrochloride in expulsion of upper and mid ureteric calculi.
- Comparison of laparoscopic versus open nephrectectom y for non functioning kidney due to benign pathology.
- Evaluation of non scalpel technique for reversal of vasectomy
Previous posts held by Dr. S. K. Jain
Associate Professor from 1st Feb 2005 till 25th June 2007 at Department of Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. Involved in clinical work, teaching, clinical & research work.
Assistant Professor from 29-10-2001 to 26-th Feb.2004 at Department of Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. Involved in clinical work, teaching, clinical & research work.
Surgical Specialist from 1.04.2001 to 31.06.2001 at Department of Surgery, ESI Hospital, Joka, Calcutta, W.B. India.
Surgical Specialist: April 1997 to March 2001: Anand Hospital, Preet Vihar, New Delhi.
Surgical Specialist: July 1990 to March 1997: MS Medical Center, Preet Vihar, Delhi.
Senior Resident Surgery: June 1986 to June 1989: , Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi.
Senior Resident Cardiothoracic Surgery: January 1986 to May 1989: Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
Senior Resident in Anatomy: Oct. 1985 to Dec. 1985, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
Post Graduate General Surgery: April 1983 to August 1985, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi.
Junior Resident Surgery: January 1982 to December 1982, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
Assisted / performed the following surgeries
Total thyroidectomy, Subtotal thyroidectomy, Modified radical mastectomy, Conservative breast surgery, Breast biopsy, Appendicectomy, Inguinal Hernia repair, Gut Resection, Fistula in ano, Hemorrhoidectomy, Cholecystectomy both open and laparoscopic, Common Bile duct exploration, Hydatid cyst of Liver, Hepatico-jejunostomy (segment III bypass), Gastrectomy, Abdomino-perineal resection, Anterior resection of rectum, Appendicectomy, Right Hemicolectomy, Pyelolithotomy, Ureterolithotomy, Pyeloplasty, Nephrectomy, Open Prostatectomy, Transurethral Resection of Prostate, Ureterorenoscopy
TEACHING AND MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- On the panel of examiners of Delhi University for undergraduates & postgraduates students.
- On the panel of Examiners for intercollegiate MRCS examination of Royal College of Surgeons.
- Involved in teaching of medical students, house officers, postgraduate students (SHO)
- Teaching of paramedical staff & nurses.
- Tutor for Basic Surgical Skill Course organized by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Joint Organizing Secretary Surgery update 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 (CME program) at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- In charge of making undergraduate teaching curriculum at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS / SPECIAL COURSE AND TRAINING
- Training in laparoscopic cholecystectomy - course conducted by Indian Medical Association Haryana Branch at Sonepat in January 2000.
- Training in Non scalpel vasectomy (NSV) – Ministry of Family Welfare and Health, Govt. of India September 2002.
- Workshop on Hypospadias by Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons at Agra, India.
- Ureterorenoscopy workshop organized by PGI Chandigarh, India.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS / FELLOWSHIPS
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons.
- Life Member of ASI, New Delhi.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of International college of Surgeons.
- Applied Anatomy of Stomach and Duodenum at Surgery update 2002, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in Oct. 2002.
- Endoscopic No Stich Technique for repair of Vaginal Hydrocele Poster presentation at annual conference of SAGES 2004
- Chair Person at annual conference of SLS (Society for Laparo- Endoscopic Surgeons) New York October 2004.
- Poster Presentation "Conservative management of Splenic abscess due to Enteric Fever" at Annual Conference of Delhi State Chapter of ASI in Oct. 2002.
- Poster Presentation "Tubercular Cervical Lymphadenitis with cranial nerve Palsy" at Annual Conference of Delhi State Chapter of Association of Surgeon of India Oct. 2002.
- Poster Presentation” Giant Bladder Stone: A Case Report” at annual conference of Delhi state chapter of ASI in Oct.2003.
- “Carcinoma Urinary Bladder: Current Management” Surgery Update 2003 at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in September 2003.
- “Early Gastric Carcinoma: Diagnosis & Management” Surgery Update 2004 at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in September 2004
- Is laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia repair better than open repair? (Against the Motion) Surgery Update 2005 Maulana Azad Medical College New Delhi September 2005.
- Jain SK. Intestinal Malrotation: An Indian Experience. Hospital Today2002; 9:456-458.
- Jain SK, Maurya RK. Pleomorphic Adenoma of Upper lip: A Case report. Hospital Today2002; 11:585.
- Jain SK, Srinivasan R. Peritoneal Encapsulation Presenting as Abdominal Lump.J Abd Surg Fall2002/winter 2003:17-18.
- Jain SK, Maurya RK. Amoebic Liver Abscess Presenting as Obstructive Jaundice: A Rare Presentation.IJCP2003; 12:31-34.
- Jain SK, Bedi AP, Manav S. Applied Anatomy of Stomach and Duodenum (Electronic Publication) on Surgical Knowledge and Skill Web Site at www.rcsed.ac.uk.
- Sharma M, Jain SK, Pathania OP, Taneja SB. The Indian Experience with Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis. Clin Ped 1990; 10:566-568.
- Jain SK, Singla SK, Sharma M. Pattern of Intestinal Obstruction due to Meckels Diverticulum in Infancy and Childhood. Int J Clin Prac 1992; 8:48-49.
- Jain SK, Singla SK, Sharma M, Pathania OP. Acute Intussusception: Referral in Relation to Presentation and Aetiology.Br J Clin Prac 1990; 44:28-29.
- Jain SK. Intestinal Malrotation and Midgut Volvulus with: An unusual association. Arch Surg 1989; 124:509.
- Jain SK, Sharma M, Pathania OP, Taneja SB. Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis (Letter to Editor). Clin Ped 1990; 29:195-196.
- Pathania OP, Jain SK, Bhatnagar A, Champkam NS. Extra Hepatic Biliary Cystadenoma. J Abd Surg 1989; 31:19-21.
- Jain SK, Pathania OP, Champkam NS, Gulati SM.Acute Free Perforation of Gastric Malignancy.J Abd Surg 1990; 32:8-9.
- Jain SK, Singla SK. Gastrointestinal Perforations in Infancy and Childhood.J Abd Surg 1989; 31:9-11.
- Singla SK, Jain SK.Gas Containing Retroperitoneal Cystic Lymphangioma. J Abd Surg 1990; 32:9-11.
- Pathania OP, Jain SK, Kapilla M, Taneja SB. Fatal Neonatal Perforation of Appendix. Ind Ped 1989; 26: 1166-67.
- Jain SK, Pathania OP, Champkam NS, Singla SK. Preoperative Evaluation of Choledochal Cysts by Ultrasonography and 99m Tc DISIDA Cholescintigraphy.Int J Clin Prac 1989; 5:42-44.
- Jain SK, Singla SK, Sharma M, Pathania OP, Taneja SB.Hirschsprung’s Disease with Intestinal Malrotation and Midgut Volvulus: A Rare Association. Indy J Gastroenterol 1989; 8:201.
- Jain SK, Singla SK, Pathania OP, Taneja SB.Congenital Intrinsic Duodenal Obstruction due to Diaphragm. Ind J Gastroenterol 1989;8:202-203.
- Jain SK, Pathania OP, Kaul SN, Gupta SD, Gulati SM.Role of Thyroidography in evaluation of Nodular goiter in comparison to thyroidscintiscan and thyroid ultrasonography. Ind J Surg 1989; 50: 408-412.
- Singla SK, Jain SK.Omental Tuberculosis causing Acute Intestinal Obstruction. Ind J Gastroenterol 1989; 8: 58.
- Jain SK, Singla SK. Abdominal Cocoon. J Ind Med Assoc 1988; 86:302.
- Jain SK, Monga D, Gupta SD. Thyroglossal Duct Carcinoma. Ind J Surg 1988; 50:89-90.
- Jain SK, Monga D, Goel A. Enteric Encephalopathy. J Ind Med Assoc 1986; 84:57-58.
- Jain SK, Pathania OP, Bhatnagar A, Mehta KS. Chronic Gastric Volvulus and Event ration of Diaphragm. Asian Arch of Anaesth and Resusc 1989; 31: 165- 168.
- Jain SK, Sharma M, Singla SK, Pathania OP. An Unusual Cervical Teratoma. Int J Clin Prac 1989; 5:126-127.
- Pathania OP, Jain SK, Saxena N, Taneja SB. Distal Ureteral Atresia Presenting as an Abdominal Mass. Int J clin Prac 1990; 6:62-63.
- Singla SK, Gupta PP, Jain SK. Pneumoperitoneum mimicking pneumothorax and pneumoscrotum. Int J Clin Prac 1990; 6:28-29.
- Jain SK, Bedi A. Endoscopy vs. Laparoscopy. Surgeons News of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.2003; 2(3): 7.
- Jain SK, Maurya RK.Gastric Outlet Obstruction: Clinical Profile and Management. Gastroenterol Today 2003; 7(3): 129-131.
- Jain SK, Maurya RK. Singal V. Amoebic Liver Abscess Presenting as an External Biliary Fistula. Gasro News Sep-Oct.2003
- Jain SK, Singh AP, Kaur T. Nutrition in Critically- ill Surgical Patient. IJCP 2003;14(6):70-76.
- Jain SK, Maurya RK. Singal V. Amoebic Liver Abscess Presenting as an External Biliary Fistula.IJCP2003: 7(3): 25-28
- Jain SK, Bedi AP. Surgical Diathermy: Principals& Precautions. Hospital Today: Dec.2003.
- Jain SK, Bedi AP. Surgical treatment of multiple ipsilateral breast cancer. Surgeons News published by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.2004, volume3.2
- D’Costa C, Jain S K. Evaluation of Acute Abdomen (Power Point Presentation) at Surgical Knowledge & Skill Web Site (electronic publication at www.rcsed.ac.uk).
- Jain SK, Bellester P. Screening Colonoscopy in asymptomatic population. Surgeon’s News of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.2004; Volume 3.3.
- Jain SK, Maurya RK, Singal V. Conservative Management of Splenic Abscess due to Enteric Fever. (Accepted for publication in JIMA)
- Pedro B, Jain S.K. Timing is Every Thing. Surgeon’s News of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.2004; Volume 3.4.
- Jain SK, Bedi AP. Evaluation of Blunt Injury Abdomen: A Review. Gastro News. May-June 2004; 12-13.
- Jain SK, D’Costa, Bellester P, Dhere A. Recent Advances in diagnosis & management of early gastric cancer. Gastroenterology Today 2004; 8:163-167.
- Jain SK, Stoker DL. Abdominal wall metastasis following Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy in a case of carcinoma larynx. Indian J Surg 2005;67:145-146.
- Jain SK, Stoker DL, Vathianathan R. Port-site tuberculosis following laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a case report and review of literature. Indian J Surg 2005;67:205-206.
- Jain SK. Open Inguinal Hernia Repair by Prolene Hernia System (PHS):Recurrence free method for Inguinal Hernia Repair(Rapid response section) 27th March 2005 in BMJ(electronic version)
- Sudhir Jain, Arti Garg: Torsion In An Ectopic Testis: A Diagnostic Dilemma. The Internet Journal of Surgery. 2006. Volume 8 Number 2.
- The Internet Journal of Surgery TM 1528-8242. Is Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair Better Than Open Mesh Repair? - Sudhir Kumar Jain, Choden Norbu.
- Jain S, Vaithianathan R. Laparoscopic Rectopexy: Money Saver or False Economy. Surgeon’s News of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2005:4.1.
- Odofin O, Jain S K. Novel treatment for in-breast carcinoma recurrence attracts interest. Surgeon’s News of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2005:4.1.
- Jain SK, Norbu C. Expensive and complex -- but is it worth it? Surgeon’s News of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2005:4.4.
- Norbu C, Jain SK. Carcinoma of gall bladder: Current recommendations. Gastro Today. 2005; July Sept9(3):118-121.
- Jain SK, Jayant M, Norbu C. The role of antibiotic prophylaxsis in mesh repair of primary inguinal hernias using prolene hernia system: a randomized prospective double blind control trial. Tropical Doctor 2008; 38:80-82.
- Jain SK, Gupta A, Kaza RCM. Pleurobiliary Fistula secondary to choledocholithiasis- A rare entity. Asian J Surg 2008; 31:29-31.
- Jain SK, Gupta A, Kaza RCM. Use Ultrasonic Scalpel in subfascial Endoscopic Perforator Vein Surgery: A Novel Approach. Journal of laparoendoscopic & surgical techniques. 2008 ;18:249-52.
- Jain SK, Kaza R.C.M., Gupta A, Kumar V. Crossed ectopia of ureters with single ureteric opening: A rare anomaly. Journal of Pediatric Urology (2007) 3, 330-332.
- Lal P, Kajla RK, Jain SK, Chander J, Ramteke VK. Stapled hemorrhoidopexy: a technique for applying the crucial purse string suture (MAMC Technique).Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2007 Dec; 17(6).
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Pahwa M, Bansal S. Role of cyanoacrylate in the management of low fistula in ano: a prospective study. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008 23(4):355-8.
- Jain SK, Basra B K, Nanda G, Srivathsan R and Kaza RCM. Rare case of internal pancreatic fistula in a young adult presenting with massive bilateral pleural effusion BMJ Case Reports 2009 [doi:10.1136/bcr.06.2008.0341]
- Jain SK, Vindal A. Gelatin-resorcin-formalin (GRF) tissue glue as a novel technique for fixing prosthetic mesh in open hernia repair. Hernia. 2009 Feb 19.
- Patil S, Jain SK, Kaza R, Rao S. Squamous cell carcinoma in bladder exstrophy: a rare entity. Singapore Med J. 2012 Dec;53(12):e254-7.
- Jain SK, Kaza RCM, Vindal A. Pseudocyst of the spleen caused by tuberculosis: a rare entity BMJ Case Reports 2009.DOI:10.1136/bcr.06.2008.0102.
- Jain SK, Mitra A, Kaza RC, Malagi S. Primary mesenteric liposarcoma: An unusual presentation of a rare condition. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2012 Jun;3(2):147-50.
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Garg PK. Incidental congenital transmesenteric hernia in an adult. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2011 Apr;15(4):461-2.
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Tanwar R. Mucormycosis of the anterior chest wall presenting as a soft tissue tumour. J Wound Care. 2011 Apr;20(4):176-8.
- Jain SK, Tanwar R, Kaza RC, Agarwal PN. A prospective, randomized study of comparison of clipless cholecystectomy with conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2011 Apr;21(3):203-8.
- Jain SK, Tanwar R, Kaza RC, Ghuliani D. Post burn Marjolin's ulcer in the natal cleft mimicking anal canal carcinoma: a rare site. J Wound Care. 2010 Dec;19(12):532-4.
- Kaza RM, Garg PK, Ramani S, Jain SK. Triplicate ureter with contralateral duplicate ureter. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2010 May;39(5):419-20.
- Garg PK, Jain SK, Kaza RC, Srivathsan R, Nanda G. Staged closure after complete wound dehiscence: novel technique. Surgeon. 2010 Jun;8(3):177-8.
- Jain SK, Vindal A, Basra BK, Kaza RC. Cystojejunostomy for non-parasitic hepatic cyst with biliary communication. Singapore Med J. 2010 Feb;51(2).
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Vindal A. Pseudocyst of the spleen caused by tuberculosis: a rare entity. BMJ Case Rep. 2009; 2009.
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Gupta A, Kumar V. Crossed ectopia of ureters with single ectopic ureteric opening--a rare anomaly. J Pediatr Urol. 2007 Aug;3(4):330-2.
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Pahwa M, Bansal S. Role of cyanoacrylate in the management of low fistula in ano: a prospective study. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2008 Apr; 23(4):355-8.
- Patil S, Jain S, Kaza RC, Chamberlain RS. Giant gastrointestinal stromal tumor presenting as a palpable abdominal mass: an unusual presentation. ISRN Surg.2011; 2011:894829.
- Patil S, Jain S, Kaza RC, Chamberlain RS. Congenital Absence of the Cystic Duct: A Rare but Significant Anomaly. Surgical Science, 2013, 4, 241-246.
- Aparajita Mitra, Sudhir Kumar Jain, Deepti Gupta, Ram Chandra Murthy Kaza. Giant Angiomyolipoma of the Kidney Presenting as Anaemia—A RarePresentation, OJU, Vol.2 No.2, May 2012.
- Raman Tanwar, Sudhir Kumar Jain. Idiopathic Benign Ureteric Stricture: A Rare Entity. UroToday Int J. 2013 June;6(3):art 29. http://dx.doi.org/10.3834/uij.1944-5784.2013.06.03.
- Sudhir Kumar Jain, Aparajita Mitra, Ramachandra Murthy Kaza, and Raman Tanwar (2013) "A Prospective Study To Evaluate The Efficacy Of Fibrin Glue In Fistula-In-Ano," World Journal of Colorectal Surgery: Vol. 3: Iss. 1, Article 2.
- Tanwar R, Jain SK. Amoebic cecal perforation following fulminant colitis with amoebic appendicitis and ruptured liver abscess: A rare presentation. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2013; 6:367-368
- Jain SK, Tanwar R, Mitra A. Bladder Leiomyoma Presenting With LUTS andCoexisting Bladder and Uterine Leiomyomata: A Review of Two Cases. Rev Urol.2014;16(1):50-4.
- Jain SK, Mitra A, Kaza RC, Malagi S. Primary mesenteric liposarcoma: An unusual presentation of a rare condition. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2012Jun;3(2):147-50.
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Singh BK. Evaluation of holmium laser versus cold knife inoptical internal urethrotomy for the management of short segment urethralstricture. Urol Ann. 2014 Oct;6(4):328-33
- Patil S, Jain SK, Kaza R, Rao S. Squamous cell carcinoma in bladder exstrophy:a rare entity. Singapore Med J. 2012 Dec;53(12)
- Jain SK, Kaza RC, Garg PK. Incidental congenital transmesenteric hernia in an adult. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2011 Apr;15(14):461-2
- Yadav P, Mir R, Nandi K, Javid J, Masroor M, Ahmad I, Zuberi M, Kaza R, Jain S, Khurana N, Ray PC, Saxena A. The C609T (Pro187Ser) Null Polymorphism of theNQO1 Gene Contributes Significantly to Breast Cancer Susceptibility in NorthIndian Populations: a Case Control Study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev.2016;17(3):1215-9. PubMed PMID: 27039751.
- Jain SK, Rajendran V, Jain MK, Kori R. Hemorrhagic Pseudocyst of Pancreas Treated with Coil Embolization of Gastroduodenal Artery: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Rep Surg. 2015;2015:480605.
- Tanwar R, Jain SK, Bains L. Amoebic colitis presenting as ileocaecal intussusception - a rare case. Malays J Med Sci. 2014 Mar;21(2):68-70.
- Hand Book of Surgery by Jain SK, Manchanda V, Tanwar R (Editors), 1 st edition CBS Publishers, India
- Basic Surgical Skills & Techniques by Jain SK, Stoker DL, Tanwar R (Editors), 2nd edition Jaypee Medical Publishers, India
- Revised & updated Atlas of General Surgery (Previously known as Rob & Smith) publisher Hodder Arnold (UK) & Jaypee Brothers (India)
- Case Discussions in Surgery by Jain SK, Tanwar R(Editors) , 1st Edition CBS Publishers India